The Council for the National Interest and the CNI Foundation are seeking applications for the position of Director of Programs and Administration. There is no deadline for submitting an application, as the position will be filled as soon as possible.
- Council for the National Interest and the CNI Foundation
- United States (Washington, DC)
- Negotiable, in the $35,000 to $40,000
Note: The person chosen for this position will serve as Director of Programs and Administration for two separate organizations, Council for the National Interest (CNI) and the Council for the National Interest Foundation (CNI Foundation), and will report to the President of both organizations.
The Council for the National Interest Foundation is a 501(c)(3)-registered tax-exempt organization that seeks to educate the American public about the need for a U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East that upholds American principles and values and safeguards the nation’s security and its national interest. Specifically, the CNI Foundation focuses on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, because, as former Secretary of State James Baker has stated, this area is the “epicenter” of global instability. The CNI Foundation aims for a positive change in U.S. government policy from the current one, which supports instability and violence, to one that utilizes our immense influence to assure a just and sustainable peace.
The Council for the National Interest, by contrast, is a 501(c)(4)-registered tax-exempt organization that works on legislative and lobbying efforts both at the national and local level. CNI is a membership organization with members in all 50 states. CNI supports transparency in Middle East policymaking and opposes the intimidation of Congress, the President, and the American public on issues surrounding the conflict between Israel and its neighbors.
The duties of the Director of Programs and Administration include the following:
- Oversee the production of all fundraising letters, advertisements, brochures, and videos
- Manage CNI and CNIF websites, email blasts, the online donation system, and online campaigns
- Manage and maintain donor and contact databases using Filemaker Pro, including synchronizing with other databases and analyzing membership data
- Represent CNI at national conferences and in grassroots coalitions
- Approve invoices and supervise financial recording and reporting
- Act as the chief of staff for the President of both organizations
- Work with the President to recruit staff, volunteers, and interns
- Initiate and follow up on major projects and programs, including the CNIF Political Pilgrimage program, the “CNI: Jerusalem Calling” internet radio show, the Jerusalem Women Speak program, and the CNI Volunteers-in-Place grassroots lobbying program
The Director of Programs and Administration will report directly to the President and will help oversee the work of staff members, volunteers, and interns.
An in-depth knowledge of the politics, culture, and history of the Middle East, specifically of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the wider Arab-Israeli conflict, is preferred. Experience with the U.S. policymaking process towards the Middle East is desired. Candidates who have extensive experience with the following software programs will be given special consideration: FileMaker Pro, Democracy in Action/Salsa, Quickbooks, Content-Management Systems (esp. WordPress), Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop/Gimp.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, two references, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Programs and Administration” in the subject line. Salary is negotiable, in the $35,000 to $40,000 range.